Tracy qualified from Huddersfield School of Podiatry in 1990 though she was actually born and bred in Bolton. Since then she has gained vast experience both within the NHS and private practice. She has assessed and successfully treated vast number of patients with varying Podiatric and Chiropody conditions. Within the NHS she has worked regularly with the High Risk patient with conditions such as Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Peripheral Vascular Disease.
Tracy has spent many years in the NHS in a highly specialised role in Biomechanics and Musculoskeletal medicine for the Lower Limb. She has undergone several post-graduate qualifications in this field including an MSc in Sports Injury and Therapy. She also a published journal author in this subject.
Tracy has a Podiatrist at St George’s for over 16 years and in that time she is has proved popular with the patients. She brought the vast knowledge she has gained into private practice which has proved highly effective in allowing her to always achieve her aim in providing effective treatment and doing as much as she can for each patient.
Outside her professional life Tracy lives with her family and their menagerie of one dog, two cats and an African grey parrot. She is also a runner and keen cyclist.
Tracy can offer a variety of services:
- Toenail problems- i.e. difficulty with cutting, fungal nails, damaged nails
- Ingrowing toenails- including nail surgery
- Corns and callus
- Annual/bi-annual diabetic foot risk assessment
- Ankle/brachial pressure index- vascular review of lower limb
- Biomechanical/musculoskeletal assessment- including postural assessment
- Prescription and manufacture of orthoses
- Lower limb acupuncture- for soft tissue problems and neuropathy
- Kinesiotaping- KT1. KT2 and sports taping
- Strapping of the foot and ankle
- Foot and ankle manipulation
Tracy is available Tuesday evening after 18:00, Thursday 13:00-18:00 and Saturday 08:00- 14:00.